Networking among tech roles forecast for growth in 2024

Networking among tech roles forecast for growth in 2024

Long-term projections for job growth in the tech workforce are positive, according to CompTIA, which estimates that over the next 10 years, tech occupation employment will increase at about twice the rate of overall employment in the U.S.

Some occupations will see more growth than others, says CompTIA, the nonprofit association for the IT industry and workforce. For instance, roles for data science and data analyst, cybersecurity, software development, UI/UX, and emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence will grow at the fastest rate. And “core infrastructure positions in networking and cloud engineering, along with tech support positions, will continue to serve as the on ramp for many starting a career in technology,” CompTIA reports its newly released State of the Tech Workforce 2024 report.

CompTIA divides the tech workforce into two primary groups: technology professionals working in technical positions such as IT support, network engineering, software development, and data science; and business professionals employed by technology companies, encompassing sales, marketing, finance, HR, operations, and management. About 45% of tech professionals work at technology companies, and the remaining 55% are employed by organizations across every industry sector in the U.S. economy.

administrator

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *